We are a French / British family who love travelling and meeting new people. We left Bristol in the UK back in March 2018, to offer our children a new lifestyle, and have an adventure.
We look forward to having you stay with us, a bientôt!
Fiona, Barry, Siena & Hugo (and the cats!)
Born a Londoner, Barry mostly lived in Essex, then Cornwall, before moving to Bristol to pursue a career in law. It was there he met his lovely wife to be, Fiona.
Fast forward a few years, and they had bought their first home in Brislington where, as he looked into how to improve their very small garden, his passion for gardening and planting design grew…
He initially attended evening RHS classes at the Bristol Botanical Garden, before taking the plunge and having a career change. He now runs his own business here in France, and designs all our gardens: Le Jardin Contemporain.
– cats (he is still trying to convince Fiona to adopt a lynx),
– understanding how things work,
– staring at the garden.
Barry does not like :
– when his cats like to have a poo where he’s freshly planted something,
– his French wife not being able to answer his questions on French grammar,
– when it’s raining and he can’t get on with gardening.
Fiona was born in France, but then moved about so much she barely knows where she’s from anymore! She mostly grew up in the French Alps, then settled in Bristol where she became an Employment law lawyer and met her lovely husband to be: Barry.
After the birth of their two children, and with Barry’s support, she set up and successfully ran her own floristry events business in Bristol: Emerald & Jade Flowers, which she is currently in the process of setting back up in France.
- the colour green,
- spending time with her family,
- setting off on travels without an itinerary .
- people being rude and/or mean,
- having cold feet.
Did you know?
Our journey has been filmed by True North as part of Series 5 of A New Life in The Sun. Our first episode will be aired on Channel 4, on 12th February 2020.